The latest from Google News:
- Shirtless “Harry Potter” pics stir buzz
- Harry Potter Stage Strip Stirs Storm
- Harry Potter stirs storm with racy pics
- Harry Potter Star Causing Stir Over Racy Photos
- Harry Potter Star to Go Nude
There’s so many things I could say about these headlines (i.e. “Someone sure loves the word stir!” or “Headline writers are retarded!”) but in the end all I really want to point out is this: Daniel Radcliffe’s upcoming play, the one in which he gets all naked, is Equus.
In Grade 12 English, when I had a creepy overweight and bald teacher who wheezed before he laughed, we read Equus. And I actually remember it pretty well. I guess it was because we read it in the midst of reading stuff like Sons and Lovers and Yeats poems. I remember very little about those, but I remember a lot about Equus. Probably because you always remember the one about horse fucking.
Because that is, essentially, what the play is about — a boy who has sex with horses.